Customize Windows XP to look like Vista
For those that are not planning to install Windows Vista anytime soon, and want the styles and feel Vista has to offer when it comes to eyecandy and functionality, there are a few ways you can do this which can change not only the skins to Vista, but also icons, menus and your bootup screens.
The most popular aspect of Vista is its Aero – Transparency and 3D Flip.
Other Tips Users have watched
- Customize Windows XP to look and feel likeMac’s OSX Leopard
- Free Windows Cursor Themes – with CursorFX 2.0
- Boot Up Windows Faster
- Enabling Remote Desktop from XP to Vista
- Windows Vista PowerToys – Tweaks from Microsoft TechNet
- Get Ubuntu (Linux) to look like OS X Leopard!
- Speed up your Windows Search
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down
- Customize Windows Send To (right click menu items)
- How to Change to Owner Name in Windows
- Customize your Windows Explorer View
- Disable User Account Control Popups
- Top 10 Free Downloads to improve and tweak your Windows Vista
~ by PCWizKid on February 1, 2008.
Posted in desktop themes, desktop wallpaper, gadgets, How To's, longhorn, Microsoft, powertoys, Tech Tips, Technology, Tweaks, windows, Windows Vista, windows xp
Tags: aero, customize, flip 3d, icons, themes, tweak, tweakui tweak service pack 3 hotfix update, wallpaper, windows xp vista