Windows XP PowerToys – TweakUI v2.10
Its still an oldie but a goodie. If you havent installed this Microsoft Freebie then your missing out in Windows XP. If you are using Windows Vista, then take a look at the following article of mine on TweakVI.
TweakUI v2.10 is the latest release which ceased to be updated back in 2005 and has been allways been a nice complement to automating tweaks easily. It gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP’s default control panel options for example or would require you to do registry tweaks.
If you´re a power user or not this makes it easy. Go ahead and try it, but be forewarned that PowerToys aren´t supported by Microsoft because they´re not part of the official Windows XP release. TweakUI lets you adjust your Windows user interface, including menu speed, window animation, and Microsoft Internet Explorer, mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.
Since TweakUI does not come installed by default you would be surprised how many people dont know anything about it. Watch PCWizKid’s walktrough video on TweakUI and decide for yourself, what are you waiting for?
Download TweakUI from Microsoft here
Note: Tweak UI Version 2.10 requires Windows XP Service Pack 1 or above / Windows Server 2003. Since most Windows XP PC’s have Service Pack 2 or 3 you will probably be ok.
Other Tips Users have watched
- Free up 10 Gigs of disk space easily in Windows
- Top 10 Free Windows Downloads to Tweak Performance
- Free Cleaner for Windows – CCLeaner
- Memory Upgrade for Windows Vista
- Google Search Tricks and Tips
- Boot Up Windows Faster
- Enabling Remote Desktop from XP to Vista
- Windows Vista PowerToys – Tweaks from Microsoft TechNet
- Customize Windows XP to look like Vista
- Speed up your Windows Search
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down
- Customize Windows Send To (right click menu items)
- How to Change to Owner Name in Windows
- Customize your Windows Explorer View
- Disable User Account Control Popups