Windows Vista – Free Recovery Boot Disc from Microsoft
If you have a new computer with an OEM preload of Vista already installed and have no recovery CD or backup to restore from you will probably get into trouble one day when you need to recover the OS or re-install system files. Your not alone many PC’s don’t come with any kind of Windows Vista CD. Some may come with a recovery CD from the manufacturer (IBM, Dell, HP, Sony and so on) but most recovery CD’s will delete all your files and restore your computer to the state it was in when you first purchased it which isnt necessarily what you want.
Similar to using the Vista System Restore feature, if you are unable to access your system to use it you can use the Windows Vista DVD’s which come with a recovery center to allow you to fix operating system related problems. Microsoft made a recovery disc for this purpose which you can download for free.
This “recovery center” on the this special recovery CD from Microsoft provides you with the option of recovering your system via automated recovery (searches for problems and attempts to fix them automatically), rolling-back to a system restore point, recovering a full PC backup, or accessing a command-line recovery console for advanced recovery purposes.
One thing I want to make clear, this special recovery cd for vista cannot be used to install or reinstall Windows Vista fully from scratch.
NeoSmart Technologies is hosting a special copy of the Windows Vista (32 or 64bit) Recovery Disc for your convenience. It is a 120 MiB download, and in the standard ISO format which you will need to burn the image to CD before you can use it. Once you created the CD you can boot with it and follow the screen instructions.
Other Tips Users have watched
- Saving your Windows System from Disaster
- Top 10 Free Windows Downloads to Tweak Performance
- Free Cleaner for Windows – CCLeaner
- Memory Upgrade for Windows Vista
- Enabling Remote Desktop from XP to Vista
- Windows Vista PowerToys – Tweaks from Microsoft TechNet
- Speed up your Windows Search
- Free Up windows resources which are slowing you down
- Customize Windows Send To (right click menu items)
- How to Change to Owner Name in Windows
- Customize your Windows Explorer View
- Disable User Account Control Popups